The Blue Solutions Initiative provides a global platform to collate, share and generate knowledge and capacity for sustainable management and equitable governance of our blue planet. Our key elements:
- Capacity development – Through different formats and cooperation with various Partner institutions we seek to enhance capacities for scaling up success, provide learning opportunities on Blue Solution themes and support policy processes to facilitate Blue Solutions.
- Inspiring solutions – Identifying, documenting, promoting and supporting an upscale of solutions and their core elements to support knowledge transfer and enable mutual learning.
- Policy processes – contributing project results and collaborating with national, regional and international actors to support relevant policy processes
As a global, multi-organisation project, the Blue Solutions Initiative realizes the complexity and interlinkages of challenges our ocean is facing. While we are working on highlighting these interlinkages in our work, we have identified five focal themes of relevance:
- Coastal and marine spatial planning and management
- Protected Areas management and governance
- Ecosystem services
- Climate change
- Sustainable financing